Hello, it’s me again & my cooking adventures! So something amazing I’ve noticed in many cultures & countries is that we take a recipe, make changes and we make it our own. For example you go to ethnic restaurants in U.S and everything is “Americanized”! You go to an Italian or Mexican restaurant in India & the food is “Indianized”. Is that wrong? Not necessarily as long as the taste is good 😉
So let me share with you this very interesting recipe! We tried this and really loved it, though it has a twist!
Ingredients for 4:
- 2.5 Cups Mixed Vegetables (as you wish)- cut into thin slices
- 1 tea spoon garlic- chopped
- Little olive oil
- 2 spoon of Szechuan sauce
- 1 table spoon of tomatoes ketchup
- 1 table spoon Green part of spring onion
- 2 table spoon of corn flour
- Cheese slices (or any cheese that melts and you like)
- 8 Rotis (or four tortillas)
Add garlic in a pan and sauté in olive oil for 1 minute. Add onion to the garlic and sauté for another 2 minute on high.
Add all the veggies to the mix and sauté for another 2 minutes on high. Add your Szechuan sauce and the tomatoes ketchup. Add salt according to your taste. Add the greens of spring onion.
Add corn flour in water and mix. Add this mix to the vegetable mix, stir and turn the gas off.
Cut each cheese slice in smaller pieces (or if using solid regular cheese, then grate).
Place one roti on a plate, put some cheese pieces, cover with vegetable mix, put some more cheese pieces and cover with another roti.
Put little oil in the tawa, cover it with something heavy and bake on both sides till it is crispy. Cut in 4 pieces and serve hot.
* Roti: is a type of Indian bread made at home very similar to soft flour tortillas
* Tawa: In India that is what we call a flat pan or griddle